VMAC Employment Solutions is Tasmania’s leading privately owned and operated labour hire company. After operating for over 11 years VMAC is proud to work with some of Tasmania’s most recognised brands and successful businesses.
At VMAC we recognise that our continued success is reliant upon our employees. VMAC rewards its employees with nationally accredited safety systems, personal contact with a local representative 24/7, above award rates and most importantly ongoing future opportunities that are matched to each individual.
In partnership with our valued client, we are looking for applications from reliable and self-motivated Maintenance Tradespeople who would be interested in working on a rostered shift arrangement on initially a casual basis with the opportunity to transition to permanent. This position will be based at Macquarie Harbour.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, key responsibilities for the role includes:
- Conduct all work safely, in line with company policies and procedures
- Maintain and service all facilities, plant and equipment as directed, to meet the highest safety and compliance standards.
- Ensure that all breakdowns are minimised and repairs and corrective actions identified are carried out in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records of all planned, unplanned and corrective action maintenance, via our Windows (MEX) based maintenance software system.
- Ensure that all requests / corrective actions that may affect the safety or integrity of an asset are given an immediate priority, action and outcome.
- Communicate to help ensure critical spares are available onsite as needed.
We are looking for an employee with dual trade experienced, either dual trade qualified or single trade with skills and experience in another discipline.
Ideally: Fitter/Diesel Mechanic or Fitter/Welder/Boilermaker
To secure this rewarding and challenging role, we anticipate the successful candidate will have the experience and qualifications to manage the key responsibilities and likely have:
- A trade qualification in a relevant discipline preferably fitting or mechanical maintenance, diesel or welding together with an employment background in a maintenance role; mechanical/marine engineering experience would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in proactive maintenance scheduling and systems.
- An established background and commitment to safe work practice and systems.
- A work ethic that is highly organised, with excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
- An ability to make decisions independently whilst having the foresight to consult the maintenance supervisor when necessary.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a pre-employment medical and urine based drug and alcohol screen. This position will come with accommodation assistance.
To apply, simply forward your resume via SEEK or visit www.vmac.net.au.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
|Closing Date||18/07/2019 |
|Job Location||Tasmania - West|